Sunday, March 16, 2008

archaic faces frenzy ceramic fists

Faulkner-- As I Lay Dying
Don DeLillo-- Libra
Tim O'Brien-- If I Die In A Combat Zone

= best bag o' Goodwill book-section swag I ever come across. Seriously, $1.50 each for paperbacks? Can't beat that.

I've been itching some recently to write about political things (GERALDINE FERRARO IS A HAG, etc.), but have been loath to enter so soon the blog-body politic.

Also, lazy.

I've been trying to write songs based around loops and samples (somewhat similar to parts of Person Pitch, in a structural sense), but it's really difficult for me to get arrangements down pat. My mind flits to and from thoughts of one sound or another coming from this instrument or that. I'm an instrumentalist, a noisemaker... I've yet to cut my teeth as a songwriter.

Look at me, answering questions nobody's asked. A-ha ha ha.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yes please! just let me know.

a. mccullen said...

I have never been that lucky at Goodwill.